Minor Volunteer Release Form
Volunteers under 18 are welcome, but we MUST have this release form on file, filled out and signed by a parent. Please click here to download and print it. You can get it back to us in person, via e-mail, or fax. Thank you!
FOSTER VOLUNTEER APPLICATION
Thinking about becoming a foster? Thank you! Please fill out this form to apply to become a foster. You can also contact us with questions if you'd like.
Cat Adoption Application
The application "may not" display on some devices. If you don't see the form displayed below, please CLICK HERE to go to the application. Thanks!
PLEASE READ BEFORE APPLYING:
PLEASE READ BEFORE APPLYING:
- Please be aware that we have a few hard and fast rules about adopting from us. These include all of our cats being indoors only (screened porches are okay), and no declawing allowed... you will be signing a legal contract agreeing to these.
- Kittens are only adopted in pairs unless you have a young/playful cat that would likely develop a bonded relationship with a new kitten. If you have questions, please do not hesitate to ask!
- We do contact your veterinarian to ensure that current/past pets have been well cared-for, kept current on vaccines, etc.
- An approved application does not "guarantee" you will get the cat you applied for. We pride ourselves on making quality matches! You will be contacted by the cat's foster parent to discuss whether the kitty is the right fit for you. We consider factors such as the cat's individual personality, other pets and family members in the home, etc. We strive to ensure that both you and your cat will be a great match!
- Applications are approved within 5 business days.
- Please remember that we are a 100% volunteer-run organization. All of our kitties are housed in volunteer foster homes, where they are well-cared-for, often in-between working, taking care of family, taking them to and from vet appointments, and much more. We do our best to be as quick as possible--but also thorough--to help hundreds of kitties find hundreds of great homes every year!
- Adoption fees:
- $100 adult cat
- $125 kitten
- $200 for two kittens
- When you adopt from us, you can rest assured that your cat or kitten has been fully vetted. While we understand that the fee is a cost to you, please do understand that we spend FAR more caring for each cat or kitten than what we charge for an adoption fee! The difference is made up through fund-raising. Further, if you were to, let's say, adopt a free cat on Craigslist and take care of the vetting yourself, you could easily spend $500 - $1000 or more to achieve the same health care!
- Up to date on age-appropriate vaccines including Rabies and FVRCP
- Tested for FIV & FeLV
- Dewormed and treated to prevent fleas, worms, etc.
- Socialized/fostered in a family environment
- Litter box trained
- We sometimes rescue cats that have far greater health needs including surgery, specialists, medications, and more. Their adoption fees are the same as listed above, and again, the difference is paid for through fund-raising.